Message to Students
If you know exactly what you want to do and are psyched about attending college, congratulations! If you are feeling unsure about a career choice or a bit burned out from all the studying, you are also normal! Listen to your inner compass if it is telling you to go in another direction for a while. Gap Year Explorer can help you put together an exciting, interesting gap year where the options are many and customized to your interests, abilities and financial situation. Below are some some examples of rewarding and smart gap year activities:
- Intern in a particular industry/career of interest to see if it is a good fit.
- Spend time during college application season to write and submit high quality applications (Including your gap year plan!).
- Volunteer internationally or in the U.S. (or both) to gain insight into your natural abilities and interests.
- Take a class at a local community college in a career area you are interested in or curious about.
- Work at a local establishment to make money for a trip abroad. Apply somewhere you think would be fun or if you are lucky, work at a place that relates to a career you are considering.